Machu Picchu – Huayna Picchu
Machupicchu is one of the greatest wonders that keeps many mysteries inside, in this place you will find many magical mountains, among them the most beautiful and high the Huaynapicchu to get there is like having a reunion with the Inca Gods.
|Altitude||:||2720 – 3399 m.s.n.m.|
|Season||:||All year except January and March|
|Places||:||Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Huayna Picchu|
Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes.
We pick you up from your hotel early in the morning for your transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo and we will travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You will observe beautiful landscapes during the trip you can see snowy mountains (Apus) and small towns until you reach Ollantaytambo. We will board the train and go for a journey where we will appreciate the Urubamba River, which will guide us to the jungle. We will arrive in the town of Aguas Calientes where we will have the day off and do many activities such as visiting the waterfalls of Mandor, relax in the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes, you can also walk through the town and see the passage of the Urubamba River towards the jungle . We will spend the night in Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Huayna Picchu – Cusco.
Early in the morning we will have breakfast at the hotel and then we will go to the bus station to disfrute the Archaeological Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. The trip takes 25 minutes before we arrive with the bus at Machu Picchu where the guided tour of one of the 7 wonders of the modern world will begin: Machu Picchu. Our guide will tell you about the history and architecture of the Citadel. You will be amazed of the Inca buildings and the natural environment that surrounds Machu Picchu. Immediately we start the hike to the mountain of Huayna Picchu, it will take us about an hour and a half but it is definitely worth it. We will be literally in the clouds. The view is impressive and the experience will be unforgettable, enjoy it and recharge yourself with energy.
We will return by bus to Aguas Calientes and in the afternoon you will have time until the end of the afternoon to have a lunch break, to rest in Aguas Calientes and to get to know the town. In the afternoon we will board the train to Ollantaytambo to transfer it to your hotel in Cusco. We will arrive in Cusco.
The indicated train schedules are referential and may vary based on the departures of train availability.
We have two options when using the train; the route is the same only the wagons vary, the comfort and the view as:
1st Expedition Train Peru Rail Option or Inca Rail Executivo Train:
In this kind of Expedition train service you will find yourself comfortable and relaxed, you will also be informed about the most important points that this millenary route has and that every adventurer should know. The Expedition has wagons fully covered by large windows so that the traveler can immerse themselves in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make their experience of Machu Picchu begin on the train.
2nd Panoramic Vistadome Train Option
Completely covered in glass, with wagons with wide panoramic windows that offer unparalleled scenic views and a number of opportunities to take spectacular photographs, the traveler in the Vistadome combines and feels part of the impressive landscape of Peru.
Perurail provides a personalized and first level service in which the traveler on board will live as an unforgettable experience. The Vistadome also has an air conditioning and heating system, leather seats that adapt to the body providing comfort and relaxation during the entire trip. They also serve snacks and drinks.
- Carry your passport or document.
- Arrive half an hour before the train station.
- In Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu you will climb many steps, wear shoes suitable for walking, that do not slip.
- Carry a small backpack and next to your camera, wear a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a bottle of water.
- Be very careful when climbing Huayna Picchu, it will be hard for you to climb the mountain, but it\’s worth it.
- Visit the hot springs thermal baths.
- On the train you can carry only 7 kilos of luggage.
- In high season we have many visitors to Machu Picchu and to board the bus and enter in some cases you will have to queue.
- After the guided tour you will have free time in Machu Picchu so enjoy the magical moment appreciating this wonder, open your arms and recharge your energy.
- Pre-tour information provided by our guide a day before your trip.
- Private transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo, round trip.
- Ollantaytambo round trip train ticket – Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket round trip Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Professional Guided English / Spanish. (Ask for other languages with additional prices only in private service).
- Hotel in Cusco
- Other services not mentioned