The mountain of Machupicchu
The Mountain of Machupicchu is a good option for visitors who like adventure, but to a lesser degree there will be a beautiful view of all the mountains that surround this beautiful citadel.
|Altitude||:||2720 – 3399 m.s.n.m.|
|Places||:||Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Montaña MachuPicchu|
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning at 10:15 a.m. and take the bus to Ollantaytambo train station. We arrive around 12:30 and then we board the train that will take us to the town of Aguas Calientes. This trip by train and bus lasts approximately for 04 hours. During the trip the tourist will appreciate beautiful landscapes and traditional villages which are at the foot of the mountains. We will also appreciate the beautiful Urubamba River that crosses the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The arrival to Aguas Calientes is around 14:30, we will take you to the hotel of your choice. You will have the afternoon free to have lunch at the restaurant of your choice. In addition, you will have time to visit the town and the hot springs of the place to take a relaxing bath. Around 7:00 pm you will have a brief information (briefing) with our guide at your hotel to coordinate the details of the tour the next day.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Montaña Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will pick you up from the hotel after your breakfast, at 06:00 a.m. to travel by bus to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu at 07:00 a.m. You will pass the entrance to the Machu Picchu Mountain to start the adventure. This walk lasts approximately 60 minutes. When you reach the top you will have enough time to enjoy a great view of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and the nature that accompanies it. After a time of relaxation at the top, it will begin with the descent; the descent lasts approximately 50 minutes. This adventure ends at 10:00 a.m. Around 10:00 a.m your guided tour of the main attractions of the Inca Citadel will begin, such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Solar Clock, the Royal Rooms, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Royal Cemeteries and much more. The guided tour lasts 2 and a half hours and then you will have free time to continue exploring, take your best photos and enjoy more of this wonder. At a convenient hour you can take the bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes. You will have free time to have a quiet lunch, visit the thermal baths, walk through the town and visit the artisan market. At 7:00 p.m. We will take the train that will take us back to Ollantaytambo. The trip lasts approximately two hours, therefore around 8:40 p.m. We will continue with the bus transfer that will take us back to the city of Cusco. We will arrive at 22:00 p.m. approximately.Important:
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC Card.
- The inclusion of Hotel services and improvement in Train Services must be requested in advance.
- Original passport, International Student Card (ISIC) if applicable as a student
- Trekking shoes, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (December-March), t-shirts, pants
- Sun hat, sunscreen, mineral water and personal medications
- Shorts, swimsuit, cameras, extra money
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- Official Tourism Guide in English / Spanish (Request Language)
- All transfers to and from your hotel
- Travel by train: Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo
- Travel by Bus: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Travel by Bus: Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets for Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain
- 1 night hotel with breakfast in Aguas Calientes (hotel services can be improved at the request of the client).
- Domestic or International Flights
- Tips or extra expenses