THE CITADEL OF CHOQUEQUIRAO
A minimum of 2 people is needed for this hike. This expedition will take you to two of the main archeological sites in the area of Cusco and Peru: Choquequirao and Machu Picchu; The legends and knowledge of the ruin of Machu Picchu are already around the world, since its discovery of Machu Picchu by Hiram Bingham in July 1911, the ruin has been a topic of discussion and research on the Incas, and finally in 1981 The Peruvian government established the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu, the same that…
A minimum of 2 people is needed for this hike. This expedition will take you to two of the main archeological sites in the area of Cusco and Peru: Choquequirao and Machu Picchu; The legends and knowledge of the ruin of Machu Picchu are already around the world, since its discovery of Machu Picchu by Hiram Bingham in July 1911, the ruin has been a topic of discussion and research on the Incas, and finally in 1981 The Peruvian government established the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu, the same that in 1983 was honored by UNESCO as a world heritage site, both one can find writings and stories about Machu Picchu, the little one can find about the latter, but not less Interesting ruin complex of Choquequirao.
Choquequirao, which means “Cradle of Gold”, is a magnificent archaeological complex located in the Vilcabamba mountain range in the Cusco area. It is believed that this mountain range was the last refuge of the Incas that resisted the conquest; directed by Manco Inka II.
On our walk, we will enjoy a spectacular geography, flora and fauna; Inter-Andean valleys and rainforest.
The temperature on this hike can range between a minimum of 5ºC at night and a maximum of 23ºC during the day.
DAY 1: CUSCO - CACHORA - CHIQUISCA
DAY 2: CHIQUISCA - PLAYA ROSALINA - MARAMPATA - CHOQUEQUIRAO (1930-1550-2850 M.S.N.M.)
DAY 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO - MARAMPATA (2850M.S.N.M.)
DAY 4: MARAMPATA - COCA MASANA
DAY 5: COCA MASANA - CACHORA - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES
DAY 6: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - AGUAS CALIENTES - CUSCO
- Transportation in and out: Cusco - Cachora
- Transportation from Cachora to Ollantaytambo
- Professional guide of English and Spanish (Request Language)
- Cook: in charge of food preparation
- Riders and horses: carry tents, kitchen utensils and carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (maximum 08 kilos per person)
- Emergency horse: in case someone needs help
- Entrance: entrance to Choquequirao and Machu Picchu
- Meals: 5 breakfasts / 5 lunches / 5 dinners / snacks and afternoon tea
- Equipment: tents (2 people for every 3 people), mattresses, dinner tent, bathroom tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, first aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Bus ticket: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu (last day)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Tourist train service: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Cusco
- Transportation to and from: Hotel -Train station- Hotel
- Breakfast the first day and lunch on the last day
- Sleeping bag. Recommended packing tape Below you will find a list of equipment that we recommend you bring.
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag.
- Strong footwear.
- Change of clothes, Jacket, Clothing for cold weather.
- Good socks
- Camera, films and additional batteries
- Water bottle, ideally non-disposable canteen (boiled drinking water will be provided)
- Torch / flashlight, plus additional batteries
- Cap for the sun
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and toilet paper, small towel
- Swimsuit, for hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruits, cookies, energy bars, etc.
- Cash in soles and US dollars
- Optional: binoculars and walking sticks / poles (rubber covers needed).
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.